- Let warm running water run over your piercing for a minute before getting out of the shower.
- Change linens on a regular basis.
- Avoid direct pressure on your fresh piercing (tight clothing, pillows, helmets, phones, blowing your nose, etc.)
- Irrigate with sterile saline solution as needed to help relieve irritation or loosen excess crusties.
- Take care of yourself! Drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, eat well and avoid stress.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your piercing.
- Don’t touch your new piercing.
- Don’t clean your piercing or the surround area with any chemicals like alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, ear care solution, etc.
- Don’t apply any ointments to your piercing.
- Don’t apply anything antibacterial to your piercing.
- Don’t let your piercing contact anyone else’s bodily fluids.
- Don’t use any products with loose cotton fibers (Q-tips, cotton balls, etc.) on your piercing.
- Don’t submerge your piercing in standing water (pools, hot tubs, baths, lakes, rivers, oceans, etc.) during healing.
- Don’t rotate or force the jewelry to move during healing.
- Don’t take advice from anyone other than a professional piercer.
FOR ORAL PIERCINGS
- Avoid drinking alcohol during healing.
- Avoid mouthwash that contains alcohol during healing.
- Avoid “whitening” toothpaste or mouthwash during healing.
- Avoid spicy or salty foods.
- Do drink ice water to keep swelling down.
- Do drink water after meals, smoking or drinking anything other than water.
ESTIMATED HEALING TIMES
- Surface Piercings, Ear Cartilage, Christina, Ampallang, Apadravya and Dydoe (6+ months)
- Nipple, Navel and Triangle (4-6 months)
- Nostril, Lip, Outer Labia, Eyebrow and Bridge (3-4 months)
- Fourchette, Tongue, Frenum, Guiche and Scrotum (2-3 months)
- Septum, Earlobes, Vertical or Horizontal Hood, Inner Labia and Prince Albert (6-8 weeks)
Download and Print Instructions