What to do:
- Drink plenty of water
- Remove bandage after several hours
- Wash area with mild soap & warm water
- Apply thin coat of A&D ointment several times a day
- After 48 hours replace ointment with applications of water based fragrance free lotion
- Continue applying lotion several times a day until skin stops flaking
- Some bruising may occur, this is normal
- Discard lotion once tattoo is healed!
- Although the average tattoo takes 1 to 2 weeks to heal we do not recommend the following activities the first month; swimming, hot tubs, exposing to excessive steam, or submerging under water (baths)
- Showers are fine (in fact encouraged)
- Do not shave the area until completely healed
- About the 4th or 5th day your tattoo will itch and begin to flake and peel. It is very important that you do not pick or scratch at it, this can truly harm your new tattoo, a light slap will suffice when itching occurs
- Do not expose your tattoo to direct sunlight, this will fade the color
- Do not take advice from tattoo experts in bars or nightclubs!
Download and Print Instructions